本帖由 zhangulei 于 2019-06-20 发布。版面名称：华人论坛
Iran says it's 'completely ready for war' after US military confirms it shot down American drone
Iran's Revolutionary Guard shoots down U.S. drone amid tensions
Iran's Revolutionary Guard said it shot down a U.S. drone on Thursday, amid heightened tensions between Tehran and Washington over Iran's collapsing nuclear deal with world powers, although American and Iranian officials are disputing exactly where the downing occurred.
The Guard said it shot down the drone over Iranian airspace, while the U.S. military's Central Command (CENTCOM) said it was downed in international airspace in the Strait of Hormuz. The different accounts could not be immediately reconciled.
A statement from CENTCOM said the unmanned aircraft — an RQ-4 Global Hawk maritime surveillance drone — was "shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile system while operating in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz."
The statement further said "Iranian reports that the aircraft was over Iran are false" and "this was an unprovoked attack on a U.S. surveillance asset in international airspace."
Iran will not wage war against any nation, president says
Trump's pick for military withdraws amid reports of domestic violence
Abbas Mousavi, an Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson, was quoted by the semi-official Tasnim news agency as saying Iran cannot condone the "illegal trespassing and invading of the country's skies by any kind of foreign flying object."
Mousavi expressed Iran's "strong objection" and said the "invaders will bear full responsibility."
The incident caused oil prices to spike as much as four per cent. West Texas Intermediate was up by $2.29 US to more than $56 a barrel, while the world benchmark, Brent was up more than $2 at over $63 a barrel.
U.S. President Donald Trump weighed in on the drone situation, tweeting Iran "made a very big mistake," while Russian President Vladimir Putin said a U.S. military attack on Iran would be a catastrophe for the Middle East that would trigger a surge in violence and a possible refugee exodus.
Previously, the U.S. military alleged Iran had fired a missile at another drone last week that was responding to the attack on two oil tankers near the Gulf of Oman. The U.S. blames Iran for the attack on the ships; Tehran denies it was involved.
Trump decided a year ago to withdraw from Tehran's nuclear deal. The White House separately said it was aware of reports of a missile strike on Saudi Arabia amid a campaign targeting the kingdom by Yemen's Iranian-allied Houthi rebels.
Iran recently quadrupled its production of low-enriched uranium and threatened to boost its enrichment closer to weapons-grade levels, trying to pressure Europe for new terms to the 2015 nuclear deal.
In recent weeks, the U.S. has sent an aircraft carrier to the Mideast and deployed additional troops to the tens of thousands already in the region. From Yemen, the Houthis have launched bomb-laden drones into neighbouring Saudi Arabia.
1st direct Iranian-claimed attack on U.S. of crisis
All this has raised fears a miscalculation or further rise in tensions could push the U.S. and Iran into an open conflict, some 40 years after Tehran's Islamic Revolution. Thursday's drone incident marks the first direct Iranian-claimed attack on the U.S. amid the crisis.
"We do not have any intention for war with any country, but we are fully ready for war," Gen. Hossein Salami, Revolutionary Guard commander, said in a televised address.
Salami, speaking to a crowd in the western city of Sanandaj, described the American drone as "violating our national security border."
"Borders are our red line. Any enemy that violates the borders will be annihilated."
This 2018 image shows a U.S. RQ-4 Global Hawk, the same type of drone that was shot down on Thursday.(Staff Sgt. Ramon A. Adelan/U.S. Air Force via Associated Press)
The Revolutionary Guard, which answers only to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said it shot down the drone on Thursday at 4:05 a.m. local time when it entered Iranian airspace near the Kouhmobarak district in southern Iran's Hormozgan province. Kouhmobarak is some 1,200 kilometres southeast of Tehran and close to the Strait of Hormuz.
The Guard said it shot down the drone after collecting data from Iranian territory, including the southern port of Chahbahar near Iran's border with Pakistan. Iran used its air defence system known as Third of Khordad to shoot down the drone — a truck-based missile system that can fire up to 30 kilometres into the sky, the semi-official Fars news agency reported.
Iran says it will break uranium stockpile limit in 10 days
RQ-4 Global Hawks cost over $100 million US apiece, and can fly higher than 16 kilometres in altitude and stay in the air for over 24 hours at a time. They have a distinguishable hump-shaped front and an engine atop. Their wingspan is bigger than a Boeing 737 passenger jet.
The Revolutionary Guard described the drone as being launched from the southern Persian Gulf, but did not elaborate.
American RQ-4 Global Hawks are stationed at the Al-Dhafra Air Base in the United Arab Emirates, near the capital of Abu Dhabi. AP journalists saw the drones on the base's tarmac during a March 2016 visit by then U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden.
The U.S. has been worried about international shipping through the strait since the limpet mine attacks in May and June.
Saudis say Houthis fired rocket at desalination plant
Iran has claimed to have shot down American drones in the past.
In a famous incident, Iran seized an RQ-170 Sentinel in December 2011 flown by the CIA to monitor Iranian nuclear sites after it entered Iranian airspace from neighbouring Afghanistan. The Iranians later reverse-engineered the drone to create their own variants.
Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia said Yemen's Houthi rebels fired a rocket at a desalination plant in al-Shuqaiq, a city in the kingdom's Jizan province. The state-run Saudi Press Agency quoted a military spokesperson, Col. Turki al-Maliki, as saying no damage was caused and no one was wounded. The Yemeni rebel Al-Masirah satellite news channel earlier said the Houthis targeted a power plant in Jizan, near the kingdom's border with Yemen, with a cruise missile.
White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Trump had been "briefed on the reports of a missile strike in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia."
"We are closely monitoring the situation and continuing to consult with our partners and allies."
It wasn't immediately clear why Trump would be briefed about an attack that caused no damage or casualties.
A Saudi-led coalition has been battling the Houthis since March 2015 in Yemen, the Arab world's poorest nation now pushed to the brink of famine by the conflict. In recent weeks, the Houthis have launched a new campaign sending missiles and bomb-laden drones into Saudi Arabia.
川普may have to do it anyway to ensure to be reelected.