国际奥委会向中国捐百万美元救灾款

soaring

新手上路
VIP
注册
2005-09-20
消息
249
荣誉分数
29
声望点数
0
IOC gives US$1 million to aid relief efforts after China earthquake (MISC-World-Shorts)

LAUSANNE, Switzerland _ The International Olympic Committee is
giving US$1 million to aid relief efforts following a heavy
earthquake in China, the host of this year's Summer Olympics.

``This appears to be a major disaster, the scale of which is only
just becoming apparent,'' IOC president Jacques Rogge said Tuesday.

Rogge had earlier sent a letter of condolence to Chinese
President Hu Jintao on Monday after hearing about the earthquake.

The IOC said it will channel the funds through the Beijing
Organizing Committee for the 2008 Olympic Games, which will
distribute the money to the appropriate relief organizations.

The 7.9-magnitude quake toppled buildings, schools and a chemical
plant in central China, killing more than 12,000 in Sichuan province
alone.

Chinese organizers decided to downscale the Olympic torch relay
and begin with a minute of silence Wednesday when a leg kicks off in
the southeastern city of Ruijin, as a symbolic gesture to the
victims. No Olympic venues were damaged by the quake.
 
后退
顶部