You can now enjoy indoor dining at your favourite restaurants or pub, hit the gym, catch the latest blockbuster and more. The best way to continue to enjoy these well missed activities and avoid another wave of outbreaks is to be fully protected against the virus. Getting both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine has never been this easy.
Did you know that according to Public Health Ontario, 95.7 per cent of the people who tested positive for COVID-19 from June 10 to July 10 were unvaccinated?
Want to continue going out and doing things? Drop into any City of Ottawa clinic and get vaccinated. Here are the links:
What’s in it for you?
- Help keep COVID-19 case numbers down to help businesses stay open
- More fun places to safely hang out with friends and family
- Attend music festivals this fall
- No quarantine required if you are exposed to someone else with COVID-19
- Once you’re fully vaccinated (two weeks after your first dose) you don’t need to self-isolate for 14 days if you don’t have any symptoms so you don’t have to miss work or class. Some exceptions apply.
- Some tourist destinations and tour companies require full vaccination
Where can you get the vaccine?
- Just drop by any community clinic or pop-up run by the City of Ottawa. No appointment needed.
- Find a clinic near you on the clinic location tool
- Book an appointment at Ontario.ca/bookvaccine or call the booking line at 1-833-943-3900.
- Check your local pharmacy
How difficult is it to get vaccinated?
- You can get a first or second dose at any City of Ottawa clinic
- You can be in and out in 30 minutes or less
Move up your second dose to get fully protected sooner
- If you have your second dose booked at the end of August or later, rebook it at an earlier date
- Or just drop-in to any City run clinic as long as it’s been 28 days or more since your first dose
- Hundreds of spots available every day
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.