Council Puts Brakes On Light Rail (zt)

Lightly

新手上路
注册
2006-09-03
消息
14
荣誉分数
0
声望点数
0
CFRA 580
link:http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=1&nid=45420
Cindy Clyne and Dan Pihlainen
Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's the end of the line for the city's massive north south light rail project.

City Council has shelved plans for the University of Ottawa to Barrhaven train. In a close 13-11 vote, city council scrapped the multi million dollar project that was approved in July.

Mayor Larry O'Brien says it was a tough decsion for council to make.

Siemens officials seated in the council chambers for the vote left offering no comment. Councillors who wanted to see the project through say the city will be on the hook for millions, and taxpayers will be paying for this decision for years to come.
 
在现任市长任期内,估计ottawa既没有LRT,也不会有LRT plan或者两级政府的拨款承诺.地税估计还得涨.
ottawa市民输了$500M~$600M.
 
看这光头市长那愿许得,不当家不知柴米贵。
接下来的事够他忙一阵的了。
 
这帮家伙上台一个多月,都干什么了:

1.给自己涨25% 工资
2.闹黄了联邦政府,省政府的4亿投资
3.再要给西门子赔上估计2亿的钱
 
最初由 Regina 发布
这帮家伙上台一个多月,都干什么了:

1.给自己涨25% 工资
2.闹黄了联邦政府,省政府的4亿投资
3.再要给西门子赔上估计2亿的钱
到底怎么一回事?还要赔钱?
 
最初由 CS2004 发布
不用赔了。LRT前提条件是争取到联邦和省里的钱,否则,市里不负责赔偿。

那可不见得。

为什么联邦延迟了(不是不给而是延迟)给钱?

因为:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2006/12/12/lrt.html)
The City of Ottawa received a letter from Transport Canada Tuesday, just four days before a Dec. 15 deadline for getting the project underway.
The letter noted that the new, shortened rail line approved by city council last week is not the one previously approved by the Treasury Board and said the federal government must review the new version of the project before it can hand over the money.
因为新一届渥市议员们在上周改变了原建造计划,所以联邦政府要重新审视这项计划。联邦政府的这种作法是正确的。

因为联邦重新审查轻轨计划,渥市议员们这周干脆否定了整个轻轨计划。

议员们最初轻易改变计划(这个原计划联邦已经同意了),现在又全盘否定。

因此,轻轨建造商完全可以上法庭控告渥市政府并索取赔偿。法庭完全可以依据事情的来拢去脉做出对渥市不利的判决。



当然,个人觉得,这件事并没有完全结束。建造商发话要控告渥市,应该是一种施加压力的常规做法。

渥市的议员们会不会再来第三次投票呢?呵呵
 
Don't worry.
新当选的市长先生还是比较经验丰富和充满自信的,他告诉亲爱的市民们:

http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=1&nid=45420)

Don't Worry. That's Mayor Larry O'Brien's advice to Ottawa residents after city council's decision to cancel the north-south light rail project.

The prime contractors have threatened to sue, and O'Brien admits that lawsuit could be in the hundreds of millions of dollars. However, he sees the whole thing ending in an out of court settlement to cover the costs the companies have already incurred.

O'Brien says council made the right decision for the city and he says we should all "just take a deep breath and relax". The Mayor tells CFRA's Mark Sutcliffe the vote to cancel light rail doesn't mean our transportation system will stagnate.

He says he'll put together a task force next month to gather opinions, and options, by next June.

大意是说,上届政府的轻轨计划完蛋了,这是我们新一届议员做出的正确决定。大家不要担心,因为我们新一届市政府会拿出(更好更新)的渥市交通发展计划,这个计划估计明年6月可以出台。

我们渥市也完全可以与建造商庭外搭成协议。你建造商总不能把市政府一棍子打死吧?我渥市手头有的是交通发展计划,届时再分一杯羹给你建造商,总可以了吧?


每届政府都热衷搞出点“新”特色项目,往届政府的计划算什么,你说是不是?
 
最初由 CS2004 发布
不用赔了。LRT前提条件是争取到联邦和省里的钱,否则,市里不负责赔偿。
你主动推翻了已经有担保的原计划,导致拿不到钱还是要赔的.
要不然西门子的合同等于什么保障都没有,你什么时候想不做了,故意乱改一下计划,合同就废了.你指望西门子那些拿着几百万的律师会给你留下这么低级的漏洞?
西门子为这项目已经花了八千九百万,加上15%的利润损失,还有律师费,这笔帐你算罢.没2 亿下不来,大家就等着涨地税罢!
 
最初由 mamaomao 发布
Don't worry.
新当选的市长先生还是比较经验丰富和充满自信的,他告诉亲爱的市民们:

http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=1&nid=45420)

Don't Worry. That's Mayor Larry O'Brien's advice to Ottawa residents after city council's decision to cancel the north-south light rail project.

The prime contractors have threatened to sue, and O'Brien admits that lawsuit could be in the hundreds of millions of dollars. However, he sees the whole thing ending in an out of court settlement to cover the costs the companies have already incurred.

O'Brien says council made the right decision for the city and he says we should all "just take a deep breath and relax". The Mayor tells CFRA's Mark Sutcliffe the vote to cancel light rail doesn't mean our transportation system will stagnate.

He says he'll put together a task force next month to gather opinions, and options, by next June.

大意是说,上届政府的轻轨计划完蛋了,这是我们新一届议员做出的正确决定。大家不要担心,因为我们新一届市政府会拿出(更好更新)的渥市交通发展计划,这个计划估计明年6月可以出台。

我们渥市也完全可以与建造商庭外搭成协议。你建造商总不能把市政府一棍子打死吧?我渥市手头有的是交通发展计划,届时再分一杯羹给你建造商,总可以了吧?


每届政府都热衷搞出点“新”特色项目,往届政府的计划算什么,你说是不是?
我估计这位市长的新计划大概是把铁路扒了,铺上小石子儿,然后给全体居民每人发一辆自行车。即环保又省钱,而且没有维护费用。
自行车 $299/辆 X 800,000人 = $239.2M,
铺小石子儿每公里$500,000 X 60公里(注) = 300M
合计 539.2M
注:60公里包括延长并拓宽东西向现有自行车道,和坝骇温到市中心大概20多公里(市中心部分不须新建)

这应该是最便宜的交通方案了.还剩$240M,$150M赔西门子钱,$90M用来填补预算不足部分.用$300M铺小石子儿应该只多不少,顺便还可以腐败一把.
 
He made a wise decision and could be elected in next round.
 
后退
顶部