靠,多伦多机场快线上座率只有10%

地税里公交车那项今年涨了4%左右
涨幅再大也不够。从东跑到西,也才三刀多不到四刀一个人。除了高峰时间,其它时间车里没几个人。

永远是赔本。
 
涨幅再大也不够。从东跑到西,也才三刀多不到四刀一个人。除了高峰时间,其它时间车里没几个人。

永远是赔本。
公交车肯定是赔本,赔多赔少也有讲究。开车赚十万加pension,每年涨工资,无底洞。
 
这“几个公交公司”谁去搞?
这里公共服务都是低效率高成本。
今天收音机里讨论如何降低警察成本,多伦多警察局每年预算十亿加元,80%以上是工资及福利,只是不到20%用于装备训练及其它。
 
这里公共服务都是低效率高成本。
今天收音机里讨论如何降低警察成本,多伦多警察局每年预算十亿加元,80%以上是工资及福利,只是不到20%用于装备训练及其它。

警察局不就是靠人么。24/7,夜班都有补贴,周末、节假日工资两倍。
 
中国公交司机赚的真是辛苦钱。
这里的很多司机待遇比码工还好,有上阳光名单,太牛逼了。
所以加拿大只能出产开BUS的,留不住高科技人才,虽然那BUS也没多少人坐。
 
这“几个公交公司”谁去搞?
只要引入竞争,就比不竞争好。经济学上已经有不少相关模型了。
 
只要引入竞争,就比不竞争好。经济学上已经有不少相关模型了。

引入,得有人肯入。

加拿大的公交就是个烧钱的坑,谁会往里跳? 一个OC Transpo都吃不饱,再来几个,索性集体自杀。

等村里人口达到一千万吧,而且城市面积不扩大。

OC Transpo finished last year with an $11.6-million deficit, which is more than $1 million higher than initially expected.

$31,780/day

这个赤字是在三级政府拨款的情况下产生的。如果让它自负盈亏的话,不知道每天会赔多少钱。

Crap! 算算公交每年开支多少吧。

OC Transpo projects $11.5M deficit for 2015
Staff blame insurance claims, maintenance and repairs, redistribution of jobs outside downtown core
CBC News Posted: Sep 14, 2015 11:31 AM ET Last Updated: Sep 14, 2015 12:07 PM ET

oc-transpo-bus.jpg

OC Transpo says ridership is remaining flat, which is having an impact on its revenues. (CBC)




OC Transpo has frozen discretionary spending and cut five management positions to deal with its projected $11.5-million deficit for 2015 as the city plans to transfer $7.7 million from the capital budget and dip into reserves to cover the shortfall.

The $11.5-million deficit represents about 4.6 per cent of OC Transpo's budget.

OC Transpo's general manager, John Manconi, told the city's transit commission Monday that ridership continues to remain flat, which is affecting revenue, along with a high number of insurance claims, costly maintenance and repair and other factors.

He said something has shifted, making OC Transpo's ridership modelling tool no longer able to predict numbers accurately. The model uses employment levels, weather and gas prices to predict ridership, among other factors.

OC Transpo staff suspect that the redistribution of public sector jobs outside of the downtown core is partly to blame for stagnant ridership, Manconi said.

It's too early to say whether fares will be increased in 2016. Budget talks for next year begin in October.
 
最后编辑:
Transit
Ontario confirms price cut for Toronto airport train
OLIVER MOORE
The Globe and Mail
Published Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2016 6:28PM EST
Last updated Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2016 7:21PM EST

upload_2016-2-24_0-2-35.gif

The Ontario government has confirmed plans to slash fares roughly in half on Toronto’s struggling airport train, while being vague about how the new price levels were determined.

Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca unveiled the new fares Tuesday afternoon, saying they would be in place by March 9, in time for spring break.

“Our job now, going forward, is to drive up awareness, to make it more affordable for more people to try it,” he said.

Under the new fare structure, approved Tuesday evening by the Metrolinx board, the Union Pearson Express will cost $12, or $9 with a Presto card. There will also be cheaper fares for people using only part of the line -- an attempt to make the service work for commuters -- a $25 deal for families and substantial discounts for seniors.

“It’s still not a mass transit line and that’s what we need,” said Jess Bell, head of the advocacy group TTC Riders. “There’s a lot of opportunity. They’ve taken a big step in the right direction, but they’ve got a little way to go.”

The problems with the service were made abundantly clear shortly before Mr. Del Duca arrived for the announcement. As journalists waited for the event to begin, a mostly empty UPX train rolled out of the station with only 10 or 15 people on board.

The UPX was launched in June as a “premium” service, aimed at business travellers and priced at $27.50. Ridership rose haltingly in the first few months but then dropped in November and December, the last period for which the data is publicly available. With a rising public clamour, the government stepped in and made clear to Metrolinx that something had to change.

Mr. Del Duca was unwilling, though, to acknowledge that setting the fares high initially was an error. “Look, we’re focussed on going forward,” he told reporters.

“They won’t admit it, but it’s clearly a step back, a mistake,” said Progressive Conservative MPP and opposition transportation critic Michael Harris. “It’ll cost you and I, the taxpayers, a significant amount of money to pay for this.”

A crucial question is whether the more affordable fares will spark sufficient interest to boost ridership enough to make up for the lower per-rider revenues. Metrolinx had projected three to five years before ridership would be high enough to pay day-to-day costs out of the fare-box. That timeline is now in question.

It’s also not clear how the new fares were chosen. Metrolinx has kept secret the research it commissioned before launching the UPX on the possible ridership levels at different price-points.

Mr. Del Duca suggested Tuesday that some of that research was relevant to the new prices, and that work about the impact of these new fares on ridership was still underway.
 
后退
顶部