- 注册
- 2002-10-07
- 消息
- 402,613
- 荣誉分数
- 77
- 声望点数
- 228
Accused murderer Eriklit Musollari has created an imaginary friend to protect the man who was his real drug and gun supplier, Crown prosecutor Julie Scott said Friday.
Musollari, 24, rejected the allegation insisting that the man he knew only as ‘Marlo’ was real — a “chubby guy, Middle Eastern,” he said.
The Albanian native arrived illegally in Canada more than four years ago as a stowaway hiding in the trunk of a car.
He had been living with family and studying in the Detroit area since 2008 shortly after fleeing what he said was an inter-family “blood feud.”
He has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in the March 2012 shooting death of 31-year-old parolee Peyman Hatami at a Hog’s Back area strip mall.
Musollari had testified that he ran afoul of a rival gang of drug dealers led by Mustafa (Mousi) Waili and was terrified of them.
That fear, he says, was what led him to accidentally shoot Hatami who he testified was beating him around the head through a half open car window.
The bullet pierced Hatami’s heart and he died in the strip mall parking lot.
During her cross-examination, prosecutor Scott told Musollari that he had created a fiction and not only did ‘Marlo’ not exist but he had no fear of Waili and his gang.
“You aren’t just not afraid of Mousi, you are taking them on,” she said.
In a March 11, 2012 incident, Musollari said he met Waili and a henchman known as Dice in the stairwell of a Dynes Road apartment.
While Dice played threateningly with a gun in the background, Musollari testified that Waili smashed him in the face and stole his phone — along with his list of drug clients and, therefore, his livelihood.
“You are angry,” said Scott, who alleged that the scenario of Dice playing with the gun was also a fiction.
“I am surprised and scared,” replied Musollari. “I hope I don’t see him again.”
Scott challenged him to explain why, if he was so scared, did he continue to deal on Musollari’s patch.
“I was very rarely in that area,” he said.
After twice being denied a Canadian visa, Musollari crossed the U.S.-Canada border in the trunk of a small car and applied for refugee status.
He agreed that his life in Michigan had been totally supported financially by his family and he was able to study information technology without needing a job.
Scott asked him why he would come to Canada illegally, and to an uncertain future, when his life was so comfortable in the United States.
“I always wanted to come to Canada,” he said. “It met all the criteria for me hiding out from blood revenge.”
The trial is continuing
ccobb@ottawacitizen.com
twitter.com/chrisicobb
查看原文...
Musollari, 24, rejected the allegation insisting that the man he knew only as ‘Marlo’ was real — a “chubby guy, Middle Eastern,” he said.
The Albanian native arrived illegally in Canada more than four years ago as a stowaway hiding in the trunk of a car.
He had been living with family and studying in the Detroit area since 2008 shortly after fleeing what he said was an inter-family “blood feud.”
He has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in the March 2012 shooting death of 31-year-old parolee Peyman Hatami at a Hog’s Back area strip mall.
Musollari had testified that he ran afoul of a rival gang of drug dealers led by Mustafa (Mousi) Waili and was terrified of them.
That fear, he says, was what led him to accidentally shoot Hatami who he testified was beating him around the head through a half open car window.
The bullet pierced Hatami’s heart and he died in the strip mall parking lot.
During her cross-examination, prosecutor Scott told Musollari that he had created a fiction and not only did ‘Marlo’ not exist but he had no fear of Waili and his gang.
“You aren’t just not afraid of Mousi, you are taking them on,” she said.
In a March 11, 2012 incident, Musollari said he met Waili and a henchman known as Dice in the stairwell of a Dynes Road apartment.
While Dice played threateningly with a gun in the background, Musollari testified that Waili smashed him in the face and stole his phone — along with his list of drug clients and, therefore, his livelihood.
“You are angry,” said Scott, who alleged that the scenario of Dice playing with the gun was also a fiction.
“I am surprised and scared,” replied Musollari. “I hope I don’t see him again.”
Scott challenged him to explain why, if he was so scared, did he continue to deal on Musollari’s patch.
“I was very rarely in that area,” he said.
After twice being denied a Canadian visa, Musollari crossed the U.S.-Canada border in the trunk of a small car and applied for refugee status.
He agreed that his life in Michigan had been totally supported financially by his family and he was able to study information technology without needing a job.
Scott asked him why he would come to Canada illegally, and to an uncertain future, when his life was so comfortable in the United States.
“I always wanted to come to Canada,” he said. “It met all the criteria for me hiding out from blood revenge.”
The trial is continuing
ccobb@ottawacitizen.com
twitter.com/chrisicobb
查看原文...