- 注册
- 2002-10-07
- 消息
- 402,612
- 荣誉分数
- 77
- 声望点数
- 228
University of Ottawa President Allan Rock is to issue a statement Wednesday afternoon about the school’s suspended men’s varsity hockey program.
Rock is expected to meet with reporters at 3 p.m. in Tabaret Hall to discuss the program, which was suspended earlier this year after allegations of a sexual assault involving some team members during a road trip to Thunder Bay.
The allegations are being investigated by Thunder Bay police. The alleged incident occurred Feb. 1, but was not reported to the university until Feb. 24. The university did not publicly disclose the complaint until March 3, which was when Rock suspended the team.
At the time, the school issued a statement saying it was conducting its own review and condemned the alleged “serious misconduct.”
“The incident occurred several weeks ago,” the statement said. “The university is deeply concerned that senior management was only informed about these allegations on February 24, and then by a third party. This will be among the matters examined in the review.”
Related
查看原文...
Rock is expected to meet with reporters at 3 p.m. in Tabaret Hall to discuss the program, which was suspended earlier this year after allegations of a sexual assault involving some team members during a road trip to Thunder Bay.
The allegations are being investigated by Thunder Bay police. The alleged incident occurred Feb. 1, but was not reported to the university until Feb. 24. The university did not publicly disclose the complaint until March 3, which was when Rock suspended the team.
At the time, the school issued a statement saying it was conducting its own review and condemned the alleged “serious misconduct.”
“The incident occurred several weeks ago,” the statement said. “The university is deeply concerned that senior management was only informed about these allegations on February 24, and then by a third party. This will be among the matters examined in the review.”
Related
查看原文...