越来越多的好消息

贵圈

政府都对党
注册
2014-10-21
消息
32,833
荣誉分数
6,360
声望点数
373
Bombardier swings to $4.9-billion loss, details $1-billion Quebec aid


MONTREAL — The Canadian Press

Published Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015 6:15AM EDT

Last updated Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015 7:17AM EDT

  • 3 Comments
  • share3.png

    42

    32

    9

    1
  • AA

Bombardier has posted a $4.9-billion (U.S.) loss for the third quarter, mostly tied to its C Series and Learjet 85 aircraft programs, and turned in operating results that were substantially below expectations that were already low.

The Montreal-based company also announced that the province of Quebec will invest $1-billion in the C Series program, which is about two years behind schedule, and it’s continuing to look for new investment money for its rail business.

BNN Video Oct. 29 2015, 7:01 AM EDT
Video: Don't expect an end to dual-class Bombardier shares: expert
The investment community had widely expected that Bombardier would have a weak quarter and receive financial assistance from its home province when its financial report was released Thursday morning.

However, Bombardier’s results were even softer than expected – with revenue and adjusted earnings well below estimates.

The biggest news, however, is Bombardier’s plan to transfer its C Series aircraft program to a new partnership that’s 50.5 per cent owned by the company and 49.5 per cent owned by the province.

The C Series has been an expensive and difficult project for Bombardier, which says the jetliner is about 97 per cent of the way through final testing – one of the last steps before the planes can be put into service at airlines around the world.

“This partnership (with Quebec) comes at a pivotal time, with the C Series on the verge of certification,” Bombardier chief executive Alain Bellemare said in a statement ahead of the company’s conference call with analysts.

“The market is there, our leadership is in place, we have the best product and with the support of the government, we are ready to make this aircraft a commercial success.”

Bombardier says it will continue to operate the C Series business and include its revenues and losses in the company’s overall financial reports.

The Learjet 85 program – already put on hold so Bombardier could focus more resources on the C Series – has now been cancelled completely due to a lack of sales, the company said.

It’s also continuing efforts to sell a minority stake in its rail equipment business, Bombardier Transportation, which sells subway cars and other mass transit systems.

Bombardier is the only company in the world that is a major player in both the aerospace and rail industries, each with global operations.

Bellemare was brought into the company as president and CEO earlier this year with a mandate to lead Bombardier through a difficult transformation.

“After just a few months, we have strengthened the management team, we have conducted in-depth reviews of our business and have a much clearer picture of what we need to do,” Bellemare said. “We are taking the right actions and we have solidified our liquidity position, giving us the confidence to execute our long-term strategic plan.”

The third-quarter results includes a number of items related to the transformation, as well as an accounting of how Bombardier’s overall business has performed from July through September.

The $4.9-billion net loss – which amounts to $2.20 per share – includes a $3.2-billion accounting item related to the C Series program. The loss also includes a $1.2-billion charge related to the Learjet 85 program, which was working on a new jet for non-airline customers.

Adjusting for the C Series and Learjet 85 losses and other items, Bombardier would have had a $2-million profit – essentially break-even, down from $222-million or 12 cents per share a year earlier.

Revenue for the three-month period ended Sept. 30 fell to $4.1-billion, down $800-million from a year earlier.

Even without the massive writedowns, Bombardier’s results were weaker than expected. Excluding one-time items, adjusted net earnings had been forecast to drop only to $55.5-million. Revenue had been estimated at just under $4.6-billion, according to Thomson Reuters.
 
Ontario mayors urge Trudeau to protect auto sector from TPP deal


STEVEN CHASE

OTTAWA — The Globe and Mail

Published Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015 6:00AM EDT

Last updated Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015 6:00AM EDT


Fresh discontent is surfacing over the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal that Canada signed in the dying days of Stephen Harper’s government – uneasiness that Justin Trudeau’s Liberals must confront as the job of ratifying the accord falls to them.

Mayors representing 20 Ontario cities, from Oshawa to Windsor, with a significant number of auto-sector jobs on Wednesday called on Mr. Trudeau, the prime-minister-designate, to protect their industry from being sideswiped by the TPP, the largest trade deal Canada has ever undertaken.

The TPP agreement reached on Oct. 5 by Canada and 11 other Pacific Rim countries would eliminate Canadian tariffs on Japanese vehicles and make it easier for manufacturers to use offshore parts in cars. It would be a boon for low-wage Asian suppliers of parts, but a challenge for Canadian firms.

The Ontario Auto Mayors are urging Mr. Trudeau to review the deal to ensure it does not undermine the competitiveness of Canada’s auto sector, which employs more than 115,000 people directly.

Oakville Mayor Rob Burton, chair of the Ontario Auto Mayors, said the Conservative government never answered his request for a copy of the Oct. 5 deal and any side letters accompanying the agreement.

“If I can’t read it, there must be something wrong with it,” he said. “I saw a poll where 19 per cent of people said it was good for the country and I was like, ‘How do they know?’”

In a surprise move, Ford Motor Co. of Canada CEO Dianne Craig in recent days has voiced her disappointment over the TPP deal Canada has struck, saying the U.S. secured better terms for its auto industry. One of the key issues she raised is the period during which Canada’s 6.1-per-cent duty on vehicles imported from Japan will be eliminated under the TPP.

That will happen over a five-year period once the trade deal comes into force, compared with a 25-year phaseout for the 2.5-per-cent U.S. tariff on passenger cars and 30 years for the 25-per-cent U.S. tariff on Japan-built trucks.

Ford and the Canadian units of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV and General Motors Co. had also urged the federal government to ensure there was a clause in the TPP that prevented governments from depressing the value of their currencies to spur foreign sales. Such a clause is not in the deal.

Mr. Burton said he agrees with Ms. Craig’s criticism of the TPP deal Canada struck. “I fully subscribe to what she said and strongly support her.”

A poll conducted for Canada’s Asia Pacific Foundation Wednesday suggests Canadians are divided about the Trans-Pacific Partnership deal, with 41 per cent expressing support for the TPP and 38 per cent opposed to the free-trade agreement.

The survey was conducted last month, however, before the deal was announced, including $4.3-billion in compensation for Canadian farmers who may be hurt by the deal, which opens up this country’s protected dairy and poultry markets to more foreign competition. A spokesman for the Asia Pacific Foundation said the organization suspects what’s really holding back support is “a low amount of awareness” about what the deal entails.

Dairy Farmers of Canada, meanwhile, says its members still would prefer that Ottawa had not given away domestic market share to foreign rivals.

“Of course we wish that no market access was granted for dairy,” spokeswoman Isabelle Bouchard said.

She said farmers are waiting to see the details of the deal to determine whether the compensation offered by Ottawa is adequate.
 
迟暮一呆
看赤字和基建投资如何挽救安省和加拿大
 
搞个民用飞机还一拖再拖,有左派还痛批当年下马军机。这还是上市公司的效率,让政府工去干,那效率更加刚刚的!
 
秘密个的好消息,涨呀。

未来2年楼市销售及价格温和增长 安省明年房价介乎43万至51万元


CMHC报告预测未来2年楼房动工量及在多重放盘系统挂牌的房屋数量会有温和增长。

144594K91451P-113Z3.jpg

加拿大CMHC官方:未来2年楼市销售及价格温和增长

查看更多加拿大精品房源

加拿大按揭及房屋公司(CMHC)昨日发出第4季楼房市场展望的报告预测,未来2年,楼房动工量及在多重放盘系统(MLS)挂牌的房屋数量只会温和增长,而楼房价格增长亦因为准买家倾向中等价格的楼房而趋缓和。

CMHC首席经济师杜根(Bob Dugan)表示,安省及卑诗省今年的楼房市场活动增加,主要受惠於能源价格下降,加元价格下跌及房屋按揭持续低企,减低阿省石油出口受压的影响。但杜根 认为,这效应将逐渐减低;因此,当局估计到了2016年及2017年,楼房动工量及在多重销售放盘系统挂牌的房屋数量只会温和增长。

CMHC预测未来2年的楼房动工量将放缓,原因是尚馀很多未卖出的落成单位,这将令部分建筑商将市场需求导向现成单位。CMHC又估计,房屋销售将较倾向中价房屋,从而令楼房价格的升幅稍稍放缓。

今年全国建屋达21万间

2015年,加拿大动工量预计有16.2万间至21.2万间;2016年的楼房动工量预计有15.3万个至20.3万个;2017年的动工量则介乎17.9万个至19.9万个。

2015年在MLS挂牌出卖的单位则介乎44.4万个至54.6万个;2016年预测有42.5万个至53.4万个单位挂牌;2017年则推算有41.6万个至53.6万个单位挂牌。

在多重放盘系统挂牌出售的平均楼房价格於2015年则介乎41.7万元至45.9万元;2016年的平均楼房价格则在42万元至46.6万元之间;2017年则介乎44.33万元至44.96万元。

单以安省而言,由於安省低幢房屋的选择有限,加上家庭收入增加,在中期线来说,可支持独立屋的建筑活动,估计明年独立屋动工量将介乎2.2万间至 2.78万间;2017年则介乎1.5万间至2.25万间。但近年由於独立屋与柏文单位售价的差价愈来愈大,加上可作独立屋建筑的土地亦愈来愈少,故独立 屋动工量有机会被压抑。

由於近年房价上升,令准买家转而购买柏文单位,又或转向租务市场。在首次置业买家及「卖屋上楼」的退休人士支持下,令多层柏文单位在未来2年的动工量将继续增长。明年的动工量介乎3.8万间至4.7万间,後年的动工量则在3.5万至4.65万间。

报告又预测,未来市场对二手市场的需求将维持健康的状态,其中以安省西南面及位於大多伦多地区周边位置,需求会更加殷切。明年成交量介乎19.3万与22.5万间;2017年则介乎17.5万间至22万间。

安省房屋价格未来2年的升幅略为放缓,原因是楼房市场更趋於平衡,以及准买家流向售价相对较低的柏文市场。明年的房价介乎43.59万元至51.35万元;後年的房价则在41万元与55.12万元之间。

今年上半年2.6万柏文单位落成

由於近年房价上升,令准买家转而购买柏文单位。

据加拿大按揭及房屋公司(CMHC)及加拿大帝国商业银行(CIBC)发表的报告指出,多市未出售的全新柏文单位数量,由去年12月少於1000 个,上升至今年5月的接近3,000个,数量之高,是自上世纪90年代的顶端。不过,5月过後,未出售的新柏文单位又大幅回落,减少了逾800个单位。

加拿大帝国商业银行副总经济师Benjamin Tal表示,根据加拿大按揭及房屋公司提供的数据显示,今年上半年,有2.6万个柏文单位落成,数量是前年的3倍有多。他同时发现,有31.9%未卖出的 新柏文单位同属於4个发展商,24.4%未卖出的新单位是来自5个柏文项目。

Tal认为,高利率及二手楼宇买卖活跃,在未来会令新柏文单位出现过剩,但这并不显示地产市道出现泡沫爆破。

有华裔地产经纪则不愿预测未来楼房市场的走势,但就表示,今年9、10月的楼房买卖在全年来说,相对较静,当中的原因可能与早前,股票市场波动的馀波仍未过去。
 
巴瑞克黃金公司第三季淨損2.64億美元或每股虧損23美分,相比去年同期則是淨利1.25億美元或每股盈餘11美分
 
出口大麻:jiayou::jiayou:

弱弱的问一句,哪个国家进口大麻?进口多少?进口用途?
论日照条件,加拿大一流吧,大麻种植得天独厚吧?
 
日。。。。,绿色能源呀。不瞎扯

安省好消息, 到此为止,今天正能量顶天了,再来,切不消。

Province’s bottom line worse off after Hydro One sale, warns Ontario’s budget watchdog
86 Toronto Star by Robert Benzie - Queen's Park Bureau Chief / 1h // keep unread // hide // preview
ab-link-v2.svg
ab-save.png
ab-readability.png
ab-onenote.v2.png
ab-addtopocket.png
ab-tag.v2.png

ab-facebook.v2.png
ab-lin.png
ab-overflow.png


Cash-strapped Ontario will be in even “worse” financial shape after the controversial sale of Hydro One, warns the province’s new budget watchdog in an explosive report obtained by the Star.

Hitting the Liberal government with the strongest argument yet against the sell-off of the Crown agency, Stephen LeClair, the recently appointed financial accountability officer, said it would hike the already massive provincial debt by slashing revenue.

“In the years following the sale of 60 per cent of Hydro One, the province’s budget balance would be worse than it would have been without the sale,” LeClair writes in his first-ever report to the legislature.

“The province’s net debt would initially be reduced, but will eventually be higher than it would have been without the sale,” he continues in his searing 41-page review dryly entitled, “An Assessment of the Financial Impact of the Partial Sale of Hydro One.”

“Assuming the province sells 15 per cent of Hydro One in 2015-16, Ontario’s net debt would initially be reduced by $2.4 billion to $3.9 billion. However, net debt would eventually increase as a result of the partial sale as the costs of forgone revenues from Hydro One begin to exceed the initial fiscal benefits.”

That’s in part because Hydro One is a cash cow that brings in around $750 million to the treasury annually.

The damning report, which will be formally tabled in the house on Thursday, said the “uncertainty” means Liberals might be wiser to retain the distribution and transmission company that runs 97 per cent of the electricity grid.

But Premier Kathleen Wynne maintains the sale is essential to provide $4 billion for her 10-year $30.5 billion push to build transit, roads, and bridges.

LeClair agrees with her that Hydro One is worth between $11 billion and $14.3 billion and that the net proceeds to fund infrastructure would be between $3.3 billion and $5.8 billion after the transmitter’s debt is repaid.

That’s the only good news for Wynne in a report he insists “does not seek to assess the merits of the decision to sell Hydro One” or “assess the financial impact of any government spending financed by the sale.”

Still, LeClair predicts “the partial sale of Hydro One could have important direct implications” for ratepayers.

“They pay a debt retirement charge (DRC), which is levied on electricity consumption to help pay down the debt of the former Ontario Hydro, the predecessor to Hydro One,” he writes.

“The DRC is not only an additional charge for electricity consumers, but also a significant source of revenue for the province.”

Modelled after the Parliamentary Budget Office in Ottawa, the new Financial Accountability Office (FAO) was created in 2013 by Wynne’s then-minority Liberal government in order to gain NDP support to survive a confidence vote on that year’s spending plan.

But the appointment of LeClair — a career bureaucrat with experience in Ontario, the Yukon, and Alberta — was not made official until last February, well after her Grits won a majority in June 2014.

Last summer, he complained he was being stonewalled by the government in his pursuit of data.

In his report, LeClair notes one document he sought was withheld from him because Wynne’s administration deemed it to be a “cabinet record and has chosen not to release it.”

New Democrat MPP Jagmeet Singh (Bramalea-Gore-Malton) chided Wynne because she “has failed to follow through on her promise of openness and transparency by refusing to provide all of the necessary documents requested by his office.”

“However, after months of hiding this wrongheaded sell-off from the public, the people of Ontario will finally get a glimpse into the impacts of this sell-off,” Singh said in the legislature Wednesday.

“If the FAO finds that this deal . . . will hurt families and business, will the premier do the right thing and stop the sell-off of Hydro One?

Wynne, whose government has an $8.5-billion deficit and a more than $290-billion debt, countered that she has “not seen the report.”

“I look forward to seeing . . . what his recommendations are,” the premier said, adding she was not going to back off on the sale.

“We must make investments in infrastructure and that people’s quality of life depends on our ability to make those investments that will allow them to move more freely, whether it’s in the GTHA (Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area) or whether it’s in smaller and more rural communities, so that in northwestern Ontario, bridges won’t have to be closed because they’re in disrepair,” she said.

“Will we continue to invest in infrastructure? Absolutely, we will.”

Like the New Democrats, the Progressive Conservatives oppose the sale of Hydro One, predicting it will mean higher rates for customers even though those will continue to be set and regulated by the Ontario Energy Board.

The Hydro One initial public offering — the largest in Canada this year — will begin within days with shares pegged to sell for between $19 and $21 each.

Wynne was advised to sell it by her privatization guru Ed Clark, the former TD Bank chair who is also the government’s architect of the expansion of beer sales in supermarkets.
 
sorry for fake positive energy,this one is a real positive
难民们,救济金的受众们的新宠。基建行业工人老大哥人手一台。工会高层竞相攀比的必备。电力行业高薪员工的最爱。教育部门罢工的联络工具。


BlackBerry’s first Android phone may cost more than the best Android phones

Share on Facebook Tweet (557) Share (39) Pin (2)


Rather than announcing its first Android phone, BlackBerry has taken the odd strategy of just letting every detail about the device leak out and then casually referencing it in an official capacity every now and then. The latest detail to leak out is the phone's pricing, which apparently comes in at $749. The information was published along with the phone's specs on a preorder page that went up prematurely on BlackBerry's site last night. Android Central caught the listing while it was live, and it says that $749 is the phone's US price, with its Canadian price coming in at $949.



HIGH END, HIGH PRICE

That would make the BlackBerry Priv one very expensive phone, putting it up there with top flagship devices. BlackBerry's reasoning would likely be that it's offering a similarly high-end experience — Snapdragon 808 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, 5.4-inch Quad HD display, and basically the only smartphone keyboard anyone has ever wanted to use — but that's a hard sell when you're coming from so far behind. No one has used a BlackBerry Android device before, and that's a price range that very few companies — really just Apple and sometimes Samsung — have managed to succeed in. For context, the iPhone starts at $649, the Galaxy Note 5 originally sold for anywhere from $696 to $739, and the Nexus 6P — the best Android phone out there — sells for $499.

BlackBerry hasn't set a release date for the Priv just yet, but Android Central reportsseeing ads that suggest it could be available for preorder as soon as Friday. It's supposed to go on sale by the end of the year, so BlackBerry ought to announce something soon. Although, at this point, it's entirely possible that the Priv will just appear in a store one day. BlackBerry did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
 
最后编辑:
是生产火车都的那家公司吗?
中国高铁要走向世界,这家公司就得破产
就撸主发的这家公司啊

不过最近好像是拉了点中国火车什么的活儿

估计想摆脱困境吧
 
是生产火车都的那家公司吗?
中国高铁要走向世界,这家公司就得破产

资源不振的前提下,搞基建能挽救制造业吗?
 
后退
顶部
首页 论坛
消息
我的