花大钱把小孩送到加拿大上私立中学的中国父母可以关注一下这个新闻

gocanoeing

本站元老
注册
2006-11-21
消息
5,610
荣誉分数
1,074
声望点数
323
GTA teacher stripped of licence for sexual impropriety now heads private school

Anthony Ross, who now goes by the name Antonio Ross, lost his teaching licence due to professional misconduct involving interactions with students. He now heads the private Convoy International Secondary Academy. (CISA website)
A man who has been criminally convicted of assaulting a teenaged student and has been stripped of his teaching licence for professional misconduct and sexual abuse is now the principal of a private high school that caters largely to international boarding students, CBC News has learned.

Anthony "Antonio" Ross pleaded guilty in 2019 after police laid a charge of assault against him in 2018.

He now works at Convoy International Secondary Academy [CISA], which charges students about $10,000 a year in tuition. Public records show it's owned by a numbered company based in Ontario and another company based in Beijing, China.

According to the school's website, Antonio Ross has been the school's principal and educational consultant since at least 2019.

CISA has two campuses: classrooms in an office building on Yonge Street in Markham, Ont., and a nearly nine-hectare campus near Barrie, Ont., that provides boarding accommodations.

Neither Ross nor CISA responded to numerous questions from CBC News.
...
 

Anakin

本站元老
VIP
注册
2002-07-26
消息
36,016
荣誉分数
6,144
声望点数
373
什么信息都没有,大概率是野鸡学校。


1631724194141.png
 

lindamy

时代广场舞照跳
VIP
注册
2005-11-23
消息
25,341
荣誉分数
6,300
声望点数
373
这几位受害者可都不是无名鼠辈。

McKayla Maroney, Simone Biles, Maggie Nichols and Aly Raisman will testify at a Senate panel Wednesday about the FBI's handling of allegations of abuse against USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar.

McKayla Maroney, Simone Biles, Maggie Nichols and Aly Raisman will testify at a Senate panel Wednesday about the FBI's handling of allegations of abuse against USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar.

Tommaso Boddi/Getty Images for GBK Productions; Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images; Harry How/Getty Images; Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

4 min ago

FBI director tells women and girls abused by Nassar that he is "deeply and profoundly sorry"​

From CNN's rom Christina Carrega

FBI Director Christopher Wray said he is "deeply and profoundly sorry" to all of the women and girl athletes whose outcries about sexual abuse at the hands of former USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar were not investigated thoroughly by the agency.

"Sorry for what you and your families have been through. I'm sorry that so many different people let you down, over and over again," Wray said during his opening remarks at a Senate hearing today.

"And I'm especially sorry that there were people at the FBI who had their own chance to stop this monster back in 2015 and failed, and that is inexcusable. It never should have happened, and we're doing everything in our power to make sure it never happens again," Wray said.

A Justice Department inspector general report this summer found that two FBI agents failed to conduct a thorough investigation into Nassar. The sexual abuse continued until state prosecutors and law enforcement got involved.

Wray said the FBI has already begun implementing all of the inspector general's recommendations, including strengthening policies and procedures and training “to firmly underscore the critical importance of thoroughly and expeditiously responding to all allegations of sexual assault or abuse.”

“The American people are counting on us to get this done right every time,” Wray said. “It's my commitment to you that I, and my entire senior leadership team, are going to make damn sure everybody at the FBI remembers what happened here in heartbreaking detail.”

One of the FBI agents, W. Jay Abbott, the highest-ranking official in the Indianapolis field office, retired before the inspector general's review started. After the report concluded last month, another agent was fired.

"As for the former Indianapolis specialist in a charge, the descriptions of his behavior also reflect violations of the FBI, his longstanding code of conduct and the ethical obligations for all FBI employees, especially senior officials," Wray said in regards to Abbott.

"I will say it is extremely frustrating that we are left with little disciplinary recourse when people retire before their cases can be adjudicated. But let me be clear, people who engage in that kind of gross misconduct have no place in the FBI," he continued.

12 min ago

FBI director: "I don't have a good explanation" for failures in Nassar case​

FBI Director Christopher Wray was asked to explain what went wrong during the bureau's investigation of the Larry Nassar abuse claims. He responded, "I don't have a good explanation."

"It is utterly jarring to me. It is totally inconsistent with what we train our people on. Totally inconsistent from what I see from the hundreds of agents who work these cases every day," he added.

Wray reiterated that an agent involved in the investigation has been fired.

He said that the FBI agents who handled this case "betrayed core duty" of protecting people.

The Senate hearing is ongoing, with lawmakers on the judiciary committee questioning Wray and Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz.
More context: Allegations into Nassar were first brought to the agency in July 2015. Several violations of protocols led to months of delay, as captured in a scathing Justice Department inspector general report released in July.

In recent weeks, an FBI agent accused in the inspector general's report of failing to launch a proper investigation was fired by the FBI, US law enforcement officials told CNN. A supervisor who was also singled out in the IG report for violating protocol and false statements retired from the FBI in January 2018.
CNN's Tierney Sneed contributed reporting to this post.
 
顶部