The latest from Ottawa Public Health
Here’s the City’s weekly roundup of information in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- There are new names for the COVID-19 vaccines! Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada have announced that the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will now be named Comirnaty, the Moderna vaccine will be named SpikeVax, and the AstraZeneca vaccine will be named Vaxzevria. Find out how to get yours here: COVID-19 Vaccine
- REMINDER: We’ve set up neighbourhood vaccination hubs for COVID-19. If you still need your first and second doses, check out our website to find a hub near you! Appointments are no longer needed, and drops-ins are welcome!
- Get your first or second dose at a pop-up clinic this weekend – we’ll be at Richcraft and Finnigan’s Pub! The week of September 20 we’ll be at various locations including the ByWard Market, RCCG Overcomer's Chapel, and St. Laurent Shopping Centre. Learn more about pop-up clinic dates and hours.
- Do you have questions about what to do if your child starts showing any COVID-19 symptoms? Visit our Supporting Schools page for information and resources for parents, guardians and students – including the COVID-19 screening tool.
- If you are looking for your vaccination receipt, but do not have a green photo health (OHIP) card, you can call the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900 for an emailed copy of your receipt.
- Access OPH’s multilingual resources to get answers to your COVID-19 vaccine questions in Arabic, Somali, and Simplified Chinese
- Have a question about COVID-19 vaccines? Wondering what the latest updates are? Drop by our COVID-19 vaccine FAQ page to get your questions answered.
Covid-19 and vaccine updates:
- Almost 1.6 million doses have been administered across our city.
- 88 per cent of Ottawa residents 12 and over have received at least one dose and 81 per cent are fully vaccinated.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.