- 注册
- 2002-10-07
- 消息
- 402,613
- 荣誉分数
- 77
- 声望点数
- 228
A Kanata couple’s garden woes may have a happy ending after all.
Shannon Lough’s wood-enclosed front lawn garden was the target of an Ottawa bylaw order on Tuesday, which ordered Lough and her boyfriend to either move the garden 1.8 to 2.4 metres back from the sidewalk or remove the wooden boxes, which were seen as a hazard.
Lough met with chief bylaw officer Roger Chapman Wednesday after her Twitter-led campaign to save the garden went viral. And, although no official resolution has yet been reached, Lough was encouraged by the tone of the meeting and hopeful that a solution could be reached.
“We are going to meet with them (Friday) to try to come to a compromise,” she said.
The concern for the city is that the wooden structure could provide a trip or fall hazard since it is so close to the sidewalk.
Lough had previously said that since her vegetable garden is not planted in the ground, removing the boxes would cause the soil to erode.
“I’m not sure it would survive without the boxes,” she said in a tweet Tuesday.
The solution to the problem could include replacing the wood with a more acceptable material or allowing Lough to finish this year’s harvest before moving the garden.
psmith@ottawacitizen.com
twitter.com/plsmithca
查看原文...
Shannon Lough’s wood-enclosed front lawn garden was the target of an Ottawa bylaw order on Tuesday, which ordered Lough and her boyfriend to either move the garden 1.8 to 2.4 metres back from the sidewalk or remove the wooden boxes, which were seen as a hazard.
Lough met with chief bylaw officer Roger Chapman Wednesday after her Twitter-led campaign to save the garden went viral. And, although no official resolution has yet been reached, Lough was encouraged by the tone of the meeting and hopeful that a solution could be reached.
“We are going to meet with them (Friday) to try to come to a compromise,” she said.
The concern for the city is that the wooden structure could provide a trip or fall hazard since it is so close to the sidewalk.
Lough had previously said that since her vegetable garden is not planted in the ground, removing the boxes would cause the soil to erode.
“I’m not sure it would survive without the boxes,” she said in a tweet Tuesday.
The solution to the problem could include replacing the wood with a more acceptable material or allowing Lough to finish this year’s harvest before moving the garden.
psmith@ottawacitizen.com
twitter.com/plsmithca
查看原文...