谁TM说这边校车结实来着?看结果

Alberta suspends certificate of trucking company involved in Broncos crash
Alberta's Transportation Minister says the certificate of the trucking company involved in the Humboldt crash has been suspended.
Bill Graveland, The Canadian Press
Published Tuesday, April 10, 2018 5:59PM EDT
Last Updated Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:46PM EDT

HUMBOLDT, Sask. -- A Calgary trucking company that owns the semi truck that collided with the Humboldt Broncos bus and killed 15 people has been ordered to keep its vehicles off the road.

A spokesman with Alberta Transportation says Adesh Deol Trucking Ltd. started operating last fall. John Archer said the government suspended the commercial carrier's safety fitness certificate on Monday.

"This is standard procedure," he said in a statement Tuesday.



The wreckage of a fatal crash outside of Tisdale, Sask., is seen Saturday, April, 7, 2018. (THE CANADIAN PRESS/Jonathan Hayward)

The company hasn't had any violations or convictions and hasn't been involved in any collisions before now, Archer added.

The Broncos junior team was heading to Nipawin on Friday when the crash occurred at an intersection north of Tisdale, Sask. RCMP say 15 people died in the crash and 14 were injured.

As of Monday, two people had been released from hospital and, of the dozen that remained, four were listed in critical condition.

RCMP have said the truck driver survived the accident.

In Humboldt, attention turned Tuesday to supporting students as they returned to school without some of their classmates.

Kevin Garinger, director of education for the Horizon School Division and president of the Broncos, said schools were closed Monday due to the crash. Classes resumed Tuesday with the focus on the well-being of students and staff.

Five of the junior hockey players were students and three others were former students, he said. Some teachers and staff even billeted the players.

"These were our kids," Garinger said, choking back tears. "These athletes are and were heroes to many and, in them, our students see shining examples of the young adults and athletes they're dreaming of growing up to be."

He said a crisis response team was in place and counselling is being offered to anyone who needs it.

"In the days to come, our students will require a great deal of support and love to cope with this loss," he said. "None of us are alone."

The school division will continually assess the needs of the community and shift the focus accordingly.

"We haven't determined how long these supports will need to be here," said Greg Chatlin, director of education for Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools. "I do anticipate that we will need to be present for quite some time.

"The gravity of the wounds varies from student to student. Some have lost a local hero. Some have lost a classmate, a friend, a neighbour, while closer still, some have lost a brother, a son or a father."

Saskatchewan's Ministry of Justice apologized Monday after authorities mixed up the identities of one of the deceased and one of the survivors in the crash.

The coroner's office mistook the body of 18-year-old goalie Parker Tobin for that of Xavier Labelle. Labelle is injured but alive, and Tobin is among those who died. Both families have asked for privacy while they are "grieving together."

Premier Scott Moe also apologized for the mix-up Tuesday and said the province will take whatever recommendations come out of the various reviews and investigations taking place.

"I don't know how you could ever prepare for something of this proportion, of this scope of this accident, the severity of this accident and I apologize unreservedly for what happened."
 
upload_2018-4-10_21-9-39.png

images

The wreckage visible Saturday after a bus carrying the Humboldt Broncos hockey team and a tractor-trailer collided outside of Tisdale, Sask. Jonathan Hayward / CP

The driver of a semi truck involved in the horrific crash that killed 15 people on board the Humboldt Broncos’ team bus had only recently started with the small Calgary company, its owner said Tuesday.

The blue Peterbilt truck is owned and operated by Adesh Deol Trucking Ltd. The company’s owner, Sukhmander Singh, said his remaining rig has been taken off the road while police investigate the deadly collision.

Singh said the man who was driving the truck when it collided with the bus outside Tisdale, Sask., last Friday has only been behind the wheel at his company for “about a month.”

“He’s a good guy,” Singh said of his employee. “I don’t know what’s wrong over there, why this went wrong for this guy.”

Alberta Transportation Minister Brian Mason confirmed Tuesday afternoon that the company has been ordered to cease operations until a full investigation is undertaken.

He said Alberta’s investigation will be performed after Saskatchewan’s Ministry of Transportation and the RCMP investigations are complete.

“When they have concluded we will do our own. It won’t take any more than 72 hours,” he said.

Meanwhile, the company’s licence to operate has been suspended while investigators look at things like drivers logs and records of the company’s vehicles. Mason said the company began operation in the fall, has no violations on its record and appears to have been compliant “up until this point.”

In an email, Graeme McElheran, director of communications for Alberta Transportation, said the company’s risk factor prior to the incident was rated at zero, “due in part to its performance and in part to the fact that its Alberta operation is only a few months old.”

The company does have one Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance inspection defect from the Northwest Territories for violating the federal hours of service regulation.

“This is a minor infraction,” McElheran said. “If it happened in Alberta, the sanction might be to ensure that the driver took time to rest. Escalating sanctions could apply, such as fines and other enforcement action, as the infraction required.”

Singh declined to identify the male driver, but did say the man is the only other driver aside from Singh who works for the small trucking company.
scene.jpg

Sunrise at the scene of Friday’s bus crash near Tisdale, Sask., on Tuesday, April 10. Leah Hennel / Postmedia

In an open letter to the semi driver shared online more than 139,000 times online, an Ottawa woman says she hopes the driver will “be able to heal” as families, victims and the rest of the country does the same.

“As we all sit back and contemplate everything that has occurred since the collision and start to process the massive emotional impact of the death of 15 people, I want you to know you are in our minds too,” the letter reads. “Please know that some of us are thinking of you as well.”

RCMP in Saskatchewan said the bus was carrying 29 people as the team was on the way to play the Nipawin Hawks when it collided with a transport trailer near the intersection of Highway 335 and Highway 35.

Fifteen were killed and 14 people were injured.

The damaged trailer was being stored at an impound lot in Saskatoon, feet away from the mangled remains of the bus that had been carrying members of the Humboldt Broncos team.

Police said the truck driver, who was taken into custody after the crash and released a short time later, wasn’t injured in the crash. The driver was also given mental health and wellness assistance, police said.

Singh said it has been a few days since he spoke to his employee and had no updates on his condition, adding the driver has taken advantage of counselling services.

Like many other people connected to the crash, Singh said he didn’t immediately know who had survived, fearing his driver dead. When he learned his employee was alive, Singh said he drove to Saskatoon to pick up the driver and bring him home to Calgary.



The stop sign on Highway 335 at the intersection of highway 35 near Tisdale, Sask., on Tuesday, April 10.According to Claude Gobeil, the managing director of Premier Tech’s Carrot River operation, the truck had picked up peat moss from his company in Carrot River and was travelling to Alberta at the time of the collision.

Singh said the truck was headed to Melfort, Sask., a distance of about 100 kilometres from Carrot River, when the crash occurred before it was scheduled to head back to Calgary.

Collision experts have said it could be months before investigators determine what caused the crash.

“Two objects come together and they depart at different angles, and you’re looking for any indication of braking, skid marks, gouge marks on the roadway, that kind of thing,” said retired RCMP collision analyst Rob Creasser.

While driving down Highway 335, the semi truck would have had to stop at a stop sign before crossing over the highway the hockey bus was travelling on. There is a stand of trees on the southeast corner of the intersection, limiting visibility of the approach on both roads.

“I don’t know why this happened,” Singh said, offering his sympathies to the families of the victims.

“They don’t sit alone. I have kids, too.”
 
不是校车,是bus,况且遇到这种拖车,坦克都能给你撞飞何况车
 
Too early to talk charges in fatal Humboldt Broncos bus crash, police say
Police in Saskatchewan say it's too early to say whether charges will be laid in the fatal crash involving a semi-truck and the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey team that left 16 people dead.
Intersection where crash took place is closed Thursday for further investigation
Creeden Martell · CBC News · Posted: Apr 19, 2018 7:29 AM CT | Last Updated: 8 hours ago


humboldt-crash-site.jpg

Police have conducted about 50 interviews with eye witnesses, the driver of the truck and the owner of the trucking company, among others. (Jonathan Hayward/Canadian Press)

Police in Saskatchewan say it's too early to say whether charges will be laid in the fatal crash involving a semi-truck and the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey team that left 16 people dead.

"It's too early to comment on any criminal involvement," RCMP assistant commissioner Curtis Zablocki said at a news conference Thursday.

He also said investigators are still looking into why the truck was in the intersection.


humboldt-broncos-bus-crash-graphic.jpg

The team bus was travelling northbound on Highway 35. The truck was coming from the east on Highway 335. The semi had a stop sign and the bus did not. The force of the collision sent both vehicles into the northwest corner of the crossing. Visibility may have been an issue as the patch of trees partially blocks sightlines from the east and south. (CBC News)

The collision occurred April 6 at the intersection of Highways 335 and 35, between Tisdale and Nipawin, on a clear and sunny day. The semi was travelling west on Highway 335 and had a stop sign, while the bus was travelling on the busier highway.


humboldt-crash-truck.jpg

Sukhmander Singh, who owns the trucking company, said his only other truck has been ordered off the road, pending the investigation. (Jason Warick/CBC)

The bus driver was killed in the collision, while the truck driver suffered minor injuries.

Zablocki added it's still too early to determine if the truck had blown through the stop sign or if it might have stalled in the intersection.

He said the truck driver was immediately taken into custody and then released. The man, who has not been identified, remains in consistent contact with the RCMP, he said. The driver's experience will be examined as part of the investigation.

More than 50 people have been interviewed as part of the investigation all together, including witnesses and the owner of the trucking company. More interviews are expected.

The driver has been interviewed by police, but Zablocki did not reveal details of what he told officers.

Ordered off the road
The truck belonged to Calgary-based Adesh Deol Trucking Ltd.

Sukhmander Singh, who owns the company, told CBC News he had given the driver two weeks of training. He said the man had been driving on his own for the company for two weeks before the crash happened.

Singh said the driver is doing better.


humboldt-broncos-bus-collision-reconstruction.jpg

Experts will re-enact the moments leading up to the collision with another truck and bus. (Albert Couillard/Radio-Canada)

"He's feeling good now and going to the doctor," said Singh, adding the driver is still in counselling.

Singh said he's effectively out of business because Alberta Transportation ordered the company to keep its only other truck off the road, pending the investigation. The move is standard when a company has been involved in a serious accident, the province has said.

"I'm just waiting for the investigation," said Singh.


crash-scene.jpg
The RCMP say a similarly weighted truck and bus are being used in Thursday's reconstruction. (Albert Couillard/Radio-Canada)


Intersection closed
Zablocki said the driver's logs have been seized by police, though it's unclear whether the logs are on paper or digital.

He said investigators will also look at the condition of both drivers, how much rest they'd had, when brakes were checked and other safety compliance measures. Both vehicles have been inspected.

In addition, the engine computers for both vehicles have been transported by RCMP to California to be analyzed.

On Thursday morning, police said the intersection where the collision occurred — Highways 335 and 35, between Nipawin and Tisdale — would be closed while collision analysts are on the scene for a second time.

Their work will include re-enacting the moments leading up to the collision with another truck and bus. The crash itself will not be simulated. All roads leading to the intersection were to be detoured.


crash-site.jpg

The RCMP say recreating the position of the truck and bus will help officers see what both drivers saw the day of the crash. (Albert Couillard/Radio-Canada)

Investigators have also collected evidence using 3D technology and drones, and more than 5,500 pictures have been taken.

Sixteen people were killed in a collision between the Humboldt Broncos team bus and a semi-truck on April 6.

Six survivors were still in hospital, two in critical condition, in Saskatoon on Thursday, according to Saskatchewan Health Authority.

The collision occurred north of Tisdale when the bus, carrying the Broncos and staffers, was en route to Nipawin for a SJHL playoff game against the Nipawin Hawks.

Ten Broncos players died, as well as the coach, assistant coach, athletic therapist, the team's volunteer statistician, a play-by-play announcer and the bus driver.
 
据说司机是个包头巾的。
 
幽默! 
真不是我幽默,是英文论坛reddit上,有人说目击了现场,说司机是戴turban的,旁遮普来的。不知道是不是真的。
新闻上都不提。
 
upload_2019-1-28_11-30-10.png



Twenty-nine families will get their chance this week to face the semi driver who caused the crash with the Humboldt Broncos bus that killed or injured their loved ones in Saskatchewan last April.

They'll be able to speak directly to Jaskirat Singh Sidhu, who drove the semi involved in the crash, during his sentencing hearing, which is underway in Melfort, Sask.

Sidhu, 30, pleaded guilty earlier this month to 16 counts of dangerous driving causing death and 13 counts of dangerous driving causing bodily harm in the April 6 crash that left 16 dead and 13 injured.

Several parents contacted by CBC News said they plan to read their victim impact statements in court starting Monday. Others will have a representative read them or just submit a written version.


humboldt-broncos-team-bus-crash.png
The Humboldt Broncos bus crash killed 16 people and injured 13 others. (Humboldt Broncos/Twitter)

A few say the stress will be too great and they are staying away.

"We support everyone there, but we're not going," said Michelle Straschnitzki, whose son, Ryan, 19, was paralyzed in the crash.

"I think it'll be a very emotional time for a lot of people. For Ryan, it's probably best to keep our distance."

'So much damage'
Sidhu's lawyer, Mark Brayford, told reporters earlier this month that his client knows he ruined many lives and doesn't want to cause any more damage.

Straschnitzki and others say they're grateful to Sidhu for sparing them the trauma of a lengthy trial, but that there still needs to be a consequence.

"Fully believing with all my heart that Mr. Sidhu didn't set out to ... take the lives of 16 very beautiful souls and destroy the lives of 13 other boys, I just want this to never happen again," Straschnitzki said.

"People need to be made aware that one small action or inaction can cause so much damage."

The hearing will take place in a Melfort gymnasium big enough to accommodate the families, friends, supporters, lawyers, media and others. Judge Inez Cardinal has set aside five days for the hearing. On Friday, Cardinal rejected a media application to broadcast portions of the hearing such as the lawyers' arguments.


ryan-straschnitzki.jpg

Michelle and Tom Straschnitzki's son Ryan was paralyzed in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash. (Susan Ormiston/CBC)

University of Saskatchewan law Prof. Sarah Burningham said Cardinal's sentencing decision will have to be based strictly on the facts, despite the international attention the case has attracted.

"It's so unique and so tragic, just the scale of death," Burningham said. "We don't have many cases like that, if any. It makes it a very emotional case."

Burningham said the early guilty plea and a lack of intent to harm could be a factor. The maximum sentence for dangerous driving causing death is 14 years in prison.

She said dangerous driving causing death has typically resulted in jail terms between two and five years in Saskatchewan.

"Our sentences are generally lower for offences that are about carelessly causing injury, and so this will be lower than something you'd see in something obviously a murder," she said.

The sentences for the 29 offences will likely run concurrently — at the same time rather than one after the other — especially since they all resulted from the same action, she said.
 
后退
顶部