Here’s the City’s weekly roundup of information in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can also get daily City updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram:
- City to enforce no sledding rules at Mooney’s Bay hill. So, what can I do during the Provincial stay-at-home order? Here are the answers to some of your most frequently asked questions.
- The City of Ottawa is supporting the administering of the vaccine to residents locally. Visit our Vaccine distribution page for more information.
- Watch the latest update from officials about the COVID-19 vaccine on the City of Ottawa YouTube Channel, and remember to “be kind, be safe and stay well.” – Dr. Vera Etches.
- Sharpen your understanding of COVID-safety rules before heading out to your local skating rink.
- Check out the key findings in an OPH report on COVID-19 in Ottawa – The relation to racialized communities and deprivation. Send us your ideas on how the City’s Anti-Racism Secretariat can address systemic racism, and help shape its work by participating in our online survey.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has reinforced the importance of our parks and recreation facilities. Take our online survey to provide input on the type of park and recreation facilities that you and your family use, and what amenities you think are important for our City parks and facilities.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- We want to hear from you! Please share your thoughts with us about COVID-19 vaccines through this new survey until February 15.
- Learn more about how to spot and avoid COVID-19 Scams and Misinformation.
- Read the latest statement from Dr. Vera Etches.
In case you missed it
- Ottawa reached an important milestone last Friday when the first dose of COVID-19 vaccinations of residents at all 28 of Ottawa long-term care homes was completed.
- The Government of Ontario issued a Stay-at-Home Order and introduced enhanced enforcement measures to reduce mobility, effective Thursday, January 14. Visit our updated Provincial and City Rules page for the latest information.
- Take a behind the scenes look at how Ottawa’s mobile vaccination teams are working together to save lives in long term care homes. These homes are the first recipients of vaccines in the Province of Ontario’s distribution plan.
- The City’s new Virtual Arts and Recreation classes help support everyone’s COVID-19 prevention efforts. Stay active and occupied with live-streamed, interactive classes that promote physical and mental well-being.
- The City launched an anti-Asian racism campaign, spearheaded by Councillor Rawlson King, the City’s Council Liaison for Anti-Racism and Ethnocultural Relations.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1(TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.