Here’s the City’s weekly roundup of information in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can also get daily City updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram:
Covid-19 Vaccine Updates:
- To date, more than 49,000 doses of vaccines have been administered in Ottawa.
- Starting Friday, March 5, pop-up clinics will open in select communities experiencing higher rates of COVID-19 transmission. Locations, hours of operation, and booking information will be available on Monday, March 1. Only residents born in or before 1941 or who are receiving chronic home care services, who live in the identified communities will be able to book an appointment. Eligible residents will be able to book COVID-19 appointments next week. Residents should not call Ottawa Public Health or 311, as no appointments can be booked until then.
- Read our latest news to find out why we are focusing on communities where there is the highest risk of contracting COVID-19 and whether your community is included.
- Once the vaccine supply allows, community clinics will open for residents born in or before 1941 and residents who are receiving chronic home care services. This is expected to take place later in March.
- Ottawa Public Health is partnering with Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health to provide a COVID-19 vaccination clinic for First Nation, Inuit and Métis community members aged 55+ at St-Laurent Complex. Call today to book an appointment: 613-691-5505. You will be asked to provide proof of Indigenous identity/status. Learn more.
- Ottawa completed the first dose offers of COVID-19 vaccines to eligible residents at all 82 retirement homes in the city this week.
- Staff are preparing to open up to seven community clinic locations for when more vaccines become available.
- Vaccination efforts also continue to focus on the highest priority health care workers as defined by the Province, Indigenous older adults, and congregate care settings for seniors.
- Visit the City’s COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution page for more information and check out our FAQs page for answers to questions frequently asked by residents.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- We've launched our updated COVID-19 vaccine page that includes info on the COVID-19 vaccines, answers to your FAQs and information on vaccine distribution in Ottawa. The page will be updated regularly as the vaccine distribution continues.
- Stay informed of COVID-19 trends in our community by checking out the COVID-19 Dashboard. It is updated daily at 12:30 pm.
In case you missed it
- With mobile vaccination teams, the City, Ottawa Public Health, the Ottawa Paramedic Service and the Ottawa Hospital are working together to meet the challenge of vaccinating Ottawa residents against COVID-19.
- Ottawa’s Business Improvement Areas (BIAs) are sharing the best your neighbourhood has to offer. Buy Local Now Please!
- For all our hockey fans: here is what you need to know before you head out to play! Hit the ice, play smart and shut out Covid-19.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1(TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.