昨晚路过，两边还是3条LANEHIGHWAY 417 REHABILITATION AND WIDENING FROM WEST OF MAITLAND AVENUE TO EAST OF ISLAND PARK DRIVE
In 2017, the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) completed the detail design for the rehabilitation and widening of Highway 417 from 0.5 km west of Maitland Avenue to 0.6 km east of Island Park Drive (GWP 4058-01-00). The project involved the following components:
Construction is currently ongoing.
- Widening of Highway 417 to four lanes in each direction between Maitland Avenue and Carling Avenue, including reconstruction of the Maitland Avenue and Carling Avenue interchange ramps;
- Rehabilitating the Merivale Road Overpass bridges and widening the eastbound bridge to the south;
- Replacing all existing noise barriers within the project limits;
- Constructing related works including retaining walls, replacement and upgrades to drainage, roadside protection, illumination, highway signage, Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), and landscaping;
- Relocating utilities impacted by the highway widening; and
- Implementing traffic management for construction staging in coordination with the City of Ottawa.